Our YM/YW read the entire BOM starting Friday night
and ended Saturday night.
They stopped only to pray over the food
and when they left to sleep.
Only a couple missed the weekend and with the
whole ward helping with food
it was a HUGE success!
and ended Saturday night.
They stopped only to pray over the food
and when they left to sleep.
Only a couple missed the weekend and with the
whole ward helping with food
it was a HUGE success!
The kids actually left their cell phones out in the hall. I told them I didn't care if they texted when they got up to use the bathroom and it really worked out!
I made little goody bags with bottle water, crystal light packets, candy, red scripture pencils, and gum.

I should've taken a picture before all the youth arrived to show how nice it all looked.
We ended up have around 22 kids in attendance.
Adult "guest" readers would show up periodically to give the kids a break but the youth really liked to read and would go sit on the couch when they felt like reading a couple chapters.

11 comments:
What a great idea. I will have to pass it along to our ward. I haven't checked your blog for awhile. I'm excited to hear about baby Max. What a cute name.
I hope all goes well, and you can survive the hot summer. Landry says it is very humid. He is still in Harvest. Transfers are this week and he may get transferred.
What Missy isn't telling you (because she is too humble) is that she is amazing and did this whole thing practically by herself. This awesome activity would not have happened if it werent for her. What would young women's do without you Missy!!! (I don't even want to think about it)
I just googled BOM Read A Thon and your blog came up. Looks like your activity was a success. I'm interested in your BOM reading chart. We have an upcoming activity planned. Also, what did your "readers" note say at the table w/ the cell phone basket? Could you email me? anelals@yahoo.com
I just stumbled on your blog as well! If you could send me the info too, I would forever appreciate it :) meagandownward@gmail.com Thanks!
ME TOO! I live just outside Toronto Canada and we are planning on doing a read a thon. I would love to know more details as well.
I'm in charge of this same sort of activity at the end of January 2010. Could I get your schedule and any other helps. Thanks crumpbunch@yahoo.com
So I am behind but I too would love to have any reading chart that you had and any other info you are willing to give out.
My girls are so excited for this. They had not stopped talking about it since we have mentioned doing it. lannie_rae (at) hotmail (dot) com
Hi, I am planning a BOM read a thon for the youth of our ward. I am interested in any printables you may have that would help me. I would love ours to be a success as was yours. If you could email me I would appreciate it. Thanks, Monique
Hi! My name is Linzy and I was doing a google search too and am hoping as well that I can get more information on how you organized this. I would love to see your reading chart! We are doing this same activity in 10 days and I would love to know if you also had anything you would do differently if you could go back and do it over. Thanks for the great ideas and inspiration!!
Linzy
Hey I'm Jessica. I'm doing a BOM Read-a-thon for my Divine Nature and Virtue projects. I was wondering if you could give me some info. on it. Some of the things I'm wondering are..
How they read. Did someone read out loud or was there a cd player? What did you do for meals? How long did each section of the BOM take you?
If you could get back to me it would be extremely appriciated!
email me at: jessica.gentlebutterfly@gmail.com
I was looking for information on doing a Book of Mormon read-a-thon and stumbled upon your blog. It sounds as if your read-a-thon was a huge success! I would love copies of any printables you can share! Thank you for such great ideas!
Post a Comment