Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Valued Consumer

Dear Huggies,

I was lured in by your awesome prices and unlimited amounts of coupons. So I bought a JUMBO box of you at Costco.

This has been the scene at my house 10 times this week. Yes, 10 and it's only Thursday. I will be giving you to my friends who like Huggies and never buying you again.

Please don't try to contact me,

Missy

p.s. I will be buying the more expensive and more awesome diapers, Pampers, tomorrow.

Why?

On a different note. Max day two with Preseptal Cellulitis. It looks so much better now that we've been putting drops in. He's on an antibiotic and was a huge hit at the clinic this morning. One of Micah's professors took a picture of him for her lectures. ;)

His duct that drains his tears still hasn't opened and they said he probably needs canalicular probing where they will sedate him and flush it open. Pretty sure I don't like the sound of that.

10 comments:

Mikelle said...

that is the crappiest thing I have seen all day--ha ha!! that is just gross though, I swear by the Target brand!

Alicia @ The Creative Vault said...

That is madness.

Don't you think that all the drama of the lesson on the seriousness of preceptal cellulitis will go right out the window when they see that cute little face? I can hear the whole clas just going, "awwww!".

P.S. I love Huggies. :)

Rachel@ A Little Bit of Ray said...

I hate Huggies! I had the same experience w/ both my kids. I was given them both times. So lame! I buy Pampers or Luvs. Good luck w/ his eye. Poor little guy.

Aubrey Jane said...

Hey Missy, thanks for the warning :). By the way, you probably remember my best friend Melissa(I'm pretty sure you met a couple of times) anyway, her second baby had to have that eye surgery too. She was nervous about it, naturally, but it went really well and he hasn't had any eye problems since! (He's 4 mo. older than Max.)

Missy said...

Thanks so much for telling me that Aubrey! I'm not too worried about the procedure, I just hate having him sedated. You'd think as a nurse I wouldn't care but it stinks when it's your own baby.

Mary said...

Looks stinky ;)

Mindi said...

Oh my gosh- I didn't realize how bad it was til I saw the pictures! Crazy! Thanks for the diapers though...they work great for us :)

Unknown said...

10 times this week!! Hilarious. I too am a religious Huggies user so I'm really sorry you had such a bad experience.

Good luck with the eye procedure. Having your baby put under is the WORST feeling, especially because you can't be with them. (Well, I don't know about Max's - maybe you can be there since you're a nurse.)

I paced outside during Harrison's first procedure and it felt like an eternity! Turns out he was only away from me for about 20 minutes. The second really was a long time - longer than we expected. I was assuming the worst, but it turned out to be a minor problem and it was fortunate he was asleep so he didn't know about any of it. (And fortunate I wasn't there to see it.) We'll keep all of you in our prayers :)

LJABC and D said...

I hate diaper blowouts. They seem to always happen in public for us. I'm so sorry about his eye!! I can relate to that and it's no fun.

Anonymous said...

sexy littleass